SE HABLA ESPANOL
THE JONES FIRM
Primary Practice Areas:
Employment, Labor, and
Wage and Hour Disputes
White Collar Criminal Defense, Corporate Investigations, and Professional Licensure
send an email
Business and Commercial Law
Jerry Todd Wertheim
Shareholder and President
Todd Wertheim grew up in Santa Fe and on the Wertheim family's working cattle ranch in Fort Sumner, NM. Since joining The Jones Firm in 1993, Todd has become one of New Mexico’s most experienced trial lawyers, in both the criminal and civil arenas. He has extensive appellate experience, with over sixty reported New Mexico opinions. Todd is also an experienced litigator, and has handled complex civil litigation throughout his career.
Todd lives in Santa Fe with his wife, fellow attorney Carol Clifford, and their teenage son.
• Co-Chair of the New Mexico State Bar Task Force to study the administration of the death penalty
• Amicus Co-Chair of the New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
• Panel member, Bar Association of the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, Daubert and Kumho developments, July 2000
• Past member of the New Mexico Supreme Court Rules of Criminal Procedure Committee
• Past member of the New Mexico Supreme Court Committee for Improvement of Jury Service
• Past member of the New Mexico Children’s Court Rules Committee
MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS
• Martindale-Hubbell peer rating of AV Preeminent®
• Southwest SuperLawyer.
• Stanford University (A.B., with distinction in English and honors in Humanities, 1984)
• New York University (J.D., 1988)
- Senior Articles Editor, New York University Review of Law and Social Change, 1987-1988.
© 2016 | JONES, SNEAD, WERTHEIM & CLIFFORD, P.A.