SE HABLA ESPANOL
THE JONES FIRM
Primary Practice Areas:
Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning and Disputes
Assistant Evelyn Sena
send an email
Business and Commercial Law
Shareholder and Chairman
Originally from Fort Sumner, NM, Jerry Wertheim has been practicing law since 1964. Jerry's clients benefit from his deep knowledge and understanding of New Mexico's unique legal, political, and cultural landscape.
Jerry lives with his his wife, Mary Carole, in Santa Fe.
• Appointed by the New Mexico Judicial Standards Commission to defend the Commission where a Supreme Court Justice, being investigated for removal on alleged inappropriate conduct, challenged the constitutionality of that body; after successful defense in District Court, Justice resigned.
• Appointed by the New Mexico Supreme Court to the first Committee on Rules of Evidence (1972 to 1993) which drafted the New Mexico Rules of Evidence adopted by the Supreme Court.
MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS
• Martindale-Hubbell peer rating of AV Preeminent® for over 40 years
• New Mexico Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates – requiring adequate number of civil jury cases to verdict for admission
• American Law Institute, life member – ALI composed of lawyers, judges and law professors from throughout the nation and publisher of the Restatements of Law and other law related documents. Its Restatements of law are often cited as authority by New Mexico courts in their decisions
• Roehl Circle of Honor for Trial Lawyers – Recognition of success in trial practice over career; The names of those in the Circle are on the walls at the offices of the New Mexico Bar Association in Albuquerque, N.M.
• Stanford, Honors at Entrance, 1956-1958
• University of New Mexico, 1958-1960, Phi Kappa Phi, B.A. with University Honors in 1960
- Awarded The Centennial UNM Distinguished Alumni Recognition for a person
graduating with history major, May, 1989
• Georgetown Law Center, LL.B. in January, 1964
- Georgetown Law Journal, member and published case note on due process of law
in federal regulatory proceedings.
© 2016 | JONES, SNEAD, WERTHEIM & CLIFFORD, P.A.